Darkhorse Saddlery's "Spring Photo Contest 2014" is now going on! Do you have a favorite photo of your horse at home, on the trail or out in the field? Maybe you want to show off your new tack? (Whether you bought it here or not) we want to see it!
Ways to enter:
1. Email photos to: email@example.com
2. Facebook entry: If you are friends on Facebook with Darkhorse Saddlery's owner: Marja Cowan, you can "tag" her in any Facebook photos that you wish to enter. You'll receive a thank you once your entry is collected, and the tag can be removed. Or you may post photos to Darkhorse Saddlery's wall on Facebook, where they will be collected.
3. In person: You may enter by physically bringing your photos, camera or memory stick in to the downtown Houghton, Michigan store to be copied/downloaded.
4. By mail: You may mail copies to the store: Darkhorse Saddlery, 314 Shelden Ave. Houghton, MI 49913. Please, do not mail in original/one of a kind photos; as they will become property of Darkhorse Saddlery, and will not be returned! We cannot be held responsible for lost or misdirected mail.
Darkhorse Saddlery's website is a work in progress, and we want to feature your horse(s)! We are looking for general photos & closeups of your horse; with or without his/her tack, loose out in a field or on a ride. Enter and your horse might become a cover model! Winners will be randomly picked Oct. 20th. Prizes will be gift certificates for Darkhorse Saddlery and everyone participating will be entered for a chance to win a gift certificate! We want your horse to decorate our site and showcase horse products, but any tack your horse is wearing doesn't need to have been bought here... so don't be shy, everyone is welcome!
1. Contest runs until August 1st. Photos must be received by then to qualify for prizes.
2. Anyone may enter, but photos must be of your own horse. If another person or another person's horses are shown in the photograph; you must have their permission, and they must agree and understand that their photo may be published on our website or be used in our advertising.
3. There are no age restrictions, no limits to the number of entries per person.
4. This is not a "Facebook contest." This contest is not limited to Facebook, though you may enter photos by posting to our Facebook page.
5. Pictures must be clear and standard or large format, blurry photos or very small photos will not be accepted as an entry.
6. No purchase is necessary, a purchase will not increase your chance of winning, and there is no cost to enter or win. Number of prizes will depend on the number of entries.
7. Everyone who enters a photo will also get a separate, additional entry into Darkhorse Saddlery's annual Christmas Drawing. The Christmas Drawing will start on July 1st. and end December 24th.
Our annual Christmas drawing has come to a close
and our 12 lucky winners are listed below!
Grand Prize - $50 Gift Certificate: Kristina Kunick
Runner Up - Choice of Bit or Hackamore: Jean Labonte'
Second Runner Up - Triple E Halter: Marah Erickson
4th - $20 Gift Certificate: Stacy Grey
5th - Zebra Bling Grooming Brushes: Paula Dube
6th - Grooming Tote: Mark Jarvi
7th - Nylon Trail Or Barrel Reins: Emily Timonen
8th - Cowboy Magic Grooming Spray: Barb Jarvi
9th - Rope Halter: Andrew Timonen
10th - Lead Rope: Lori Smith
11th - 3 Packs Of Bella Sara Cards: Lindsay Whiting
12th - Blackrock Leather 'N' Rich: Lori Violetta
Congratulations to all of our winners, and thank you to all who entered the drawing! We appreciate you and thank you for your patronage!
Our annual Christmas drawing begins (in store) every year on July 1st. Stop in to enter, and you could be our next big winner!
August bit and spur sale going on now through Saturday the 17th! In store discount of 15% off any bit or set of spurs in stock, or any prepaid special order! Sale doesn't apply to online or phone orders.
Darkhorse Saddlery has a large selection of bits, and we have many new styles of spurs in stock too!
Tack Sale/Swap in Upper Michigan in Crystal Falls, which is about 120 miles N. of Green Bay. The date is Saturday, Jan. 26 from 10 AM to 3 PM CST at the Crystal Falls Township Hall located right on the corner of US 2 & 141. There will a lot of tack!! New & used saddles, headstall/breast collar sets, bridles, halters, bits. spurs, saddle blankets/spurs & one Vendor is bringing a lot of English tack/show clothing. There is still more room for vendors if you want to come to sell!! Pictured is a small sampling of what will be at the swap, there will be much more to see!
Our annual Christmas drawing has come to a close, and we've chosen the 12 lucky winners!
Thank you to everyone who participated,
Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all!
Grand Prize - $50 Gift Certificate: Missy Westie
Runner Up - Choice of Bit Up to $40: Bonnie DeCare
Second Runner Up - Adult Grooming Kit: Jeannie LaBonte'
4th Place - $20 Gift Certificate: Amberly Luikarri
5th Place - Wool Show Blanket: Lillian Mace
6th Place - Choice Of Nylon Halter: Ellen Kemppainen
7th Place - Green Holiday Halter: Dave Fooce
8th Place - Lime Green Zebra Leg Wraps: Christine Cavis
9th Place - Showman Girth: Lynne Madison
10th Place - Trail Reins: Paula Dube
11th Place - Large Tub of Corona: Megan Kenuppainen
12th Place - Blackrock Leather 'N' Rich: Emily Timonen
Our next "Annual Christmas Drawing" starts in July... and you could win!
Our Annual Christmas Sale kicked off today, 15% off most things in stock, excluding consignment items and special ordered items. Lots of new things in the store, Showman halters, Cashel Soft Touch jump girths, Classic Equine Feather Touch Girths, New Wintec items, Roma Lift Back cushions. A new Selection of bits from Metalab and Korsteel, More cases of Blackrock Leather 'N' Rich have arrived! Thank you to our wonderful customers for making the opening day of our sale a big success!
Our Annual Halloween sale starts on Monday, 15% off Store wide! Stop in on Halloween to receive your customer appreciation coupons. Candy, snacks and refreshments for customers will be provided. Also, don't forget to bring in (or e-mail) your entries for the fall photo contest! Happy Halloween!
Darkhorse Saddlery is proud to announce the beginning of our fall photo contest. For every photo you submit showing your horse, with or without yourself, enjoying the fall foliage or winter snow, we will give one extra entry into our Annual Christmas Giveaway Drawing. There is no limit on entries, no purchase is required, and there is no age restrictions. Contest rules below must be followed.
Everyone is welcome to enter, we love to personalize our site with our customers' and friends' faces, come join in the fun... We appreciate your participation!
How To Enter:
1. Entrants can email photos to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. You can tag "Marja Cowan" on your Facebook photos that you wish to enter, (we will confirm that we have entered the photo, then you can remove the tag.)
3. You can also bring photos, cameras or memory cards into the store for download or duplication.
Contest Rules: You may only enter photos of yourself, your children, and horses you own. For pictures where friends or relatives (or their animals) are present in the photo, you must have their permission to enter their photo. They must know that their photo may appear, or be used, on our site as "cover models." We only intend to use customer's photos in a positive manner, if you wish to have your picture removed from our site, you must contact us directly.
This is for fun only, we don't sell, trade or receive compensation for displaying your image.
All in stock or special order Cashel brand products 15% off during the first week of October. Hunting by horseback this year? Hunter orange trail riding products and rifle scabbards available by special order. Map holders and ankle safes, perfect for riders who are into geocaching, in stock!
About the Author
Hello, my name is Marja, I am the owner of Darkhorse Saddlery. We've been in business since 2008 at our current location. We are here because of you, our customers. This is your local tack shop, we appreciate you and your feedback! Use the "Contact Us" form to drop us a line, request a product or tell us what's on your mind.