Darkhorse Saddlery and Darkhorse Web Design will be closed today (Monday) for Memorial Day this year. Our regular business hours will resume on Tuesday. We are normally open 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm Monday through Friday. Saturday from Noon - 5:00 pm.
Darkhorse Saddlery's "Spring Photo Contest 2014" is now going on! Do you have a favorite photo of your horse at home, on the trail or out in the field? Maybe you want to show off your new tack? (Whether you bought it here or not) we want to see it!
Ways to enter:
1. Email photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Facebook entry: If you are friends on Facebook with Darkhorse Saddlery's owner: Marja Cowan, you can "tag" her in any Facebook photos that you wish to enter. You'll receive a thank you once your entry is collected, and the tag can be removed. Or you may post photos to Darkhorse Saddlery's wall on Facebook, where they will be collected.
3. In person: You may enter by physically bringing your photos, camera or memory stick in to the downtown Houghton, Michigan store to be copied/downloaded.
4. By mail: You may mail copies to the store: Darkhorse Saddlery, 314 Shelden Ave. Houghton, MI 49913. Please, do not mail in original/one of a kind photos; as they will become property of Darkhorse Saddlery, and will not be returned! We cannot be held responsible for lost or misdirected mail.
Darkhorse Saddlery's website is a work in progress, and we want to feature your horse(s)! We are looking for general photos & closeups of your horse; with or without his/her tack, loose out in a field or on a ride. Enter and your horse might become a cover model! Winners will be randomly picked Oct. 20th. Prizes will be gift certificates for Darkhorse Saddlery and everyone participating will be entered for a chance to win a gift certificate! We want your horse to decorate our site and showcase horse products, but any tack your horse is wearing doesn't need to have been bought here... so don't be shy, everyone is welcome!
1. Contest runs until August 1st. Photos must be received by then to qualify for prizes.
2. Anyone may enter, but photos must be of your own horse. If another person or another person's horses are shown in the photograph; you must have their permission, and they must agree and understand that their photo may be published on our website or be used in our advertising.
3. There are no age restrictions, no limits to the number of entries per person.
4. This is not a "Facebook contest." This contest is not limited to Facebook, though you may enter photos by posting to our Facebook page.
5. Pictures must be clear and standard or large format, blurry photos or very small photos will not be accepted as an entry.
6. No purchase is necessary, a purchase will not increase your chance of winning, and there is no cost to enter or win. Number of prizes will depend on the number of entries.
7. Everyone who enters a photo will also get a separate, additional entry into Darkhorse Saddlery's annual Christmas Drawing. The Christmas Drawing will start on July 1st. and end December 24th.
Our annual Christmas drawing has come to a close
and our 12 lucky winners are listed below!
Grand Prize - $50 Gift Certificate: Kristina Kunick
Runner Up - Choice of Bit or Hackamore: Jean Labonte'
Second Runner Up - Triple E Halter: Marah Erickson
4th - $20 Gift Certificate: Stacy Grey
5th - Zebra Bling Grooming Brushes: Paula Dube
6th - Grooming Tote: Mark Jarvi
7th - Nylon Trail Or Barrel Reins: Emily Timonen
8th - Cowboy Magic Grooming Spray: Barb Jarvi
9th - Rope Halter: Andrew Timonen
10th - Lead Rope: Lori Smith
11th - 3 Packs Of Bella Sara Cards: Lindsay Whiting
12th - Blackrock Leather 'N' Rich: Lori Violetta
Congratulations to all of our winners, and thank you to all who entered the drawing! We appreciate you and thank you for your patronage!
Our annual Christmas drawing begins (in store) every year on July 1st. Stop in to enter, and you could be our next big winner!
Rusty Spur Horse Club Year End Banquet Saturday, November 30th 2013 at 4pm.
4PM social hour
5PM Potluck dinner
Awards presentation and raffle to follow. Please bring a dish to pass and an item to donate for the raffle. See you there!
Location: Pelkie Fair Building
Did you know you can find Darkhorse Saddlery at Amazon.com? Sometimes we even run Amazon only specials and promotions. Visit our shop on Amazon and save! http://www.amazon.com/shops/darkhorsesaddlery
August bit and spur sale going on now through Saturday the 17th! In store discount of 15% off any bit or set of spurs in stock, or any prepaid special order! Sale doesn't apply to online or phone orders.
Darkhorse Saddlery has a large selection of bits, and we have many new styles of spurs in stock too!
Did you receive a horse tack gift, or buy something for your horse when you were out of town, and then realized it's just not for you? How often do we buy something that we've just "got to have" only to realize too late that it doesn't fit or it's just not what we wanted? What if you can't bring it back to the seller you bought it from? Darkhorse Saddlery will exchange that new tack item for something else, right here in our store. You don't even need to have bought it here! How's that for good service? At Darkhorse Saddlery we aim to please. You matter to us that much. Thanks for being our customer!
About the Author
Hello, my name is Marja, I am the owner of Darkhorse Saddlery. We've been in business since 2008 at our current location. We are here because of you, our customers. This is your local tack shop, we appreciate you and your feedback! Use the "Contact Us" form to drop us a line, request a product or tell us what's on your mind.